WordPress has emerged as one of the most powerful CMS web building software packages in the world. This is because it is easy to use, manage and customize. Furthermore, WordPress also provides easy access to administer, write and upload content and has RSS and other social tools built in or that can be integrated very easily with plugins.
Listed below are a few easy tips that will help you create a solid plan to effectively manage your WordPress website.
- Perform Effective Keyword Research: Keyword research is a vital aspect of building a website that should not be overlooked. Ensure that all your keywords are directly or closely related to your products and services. Also create a spreadsheet or some other visual aid that will allow you to easily see each word’s conversion rate, search volume and competition rate. This will help you calculate how viable each keyword is for your site.
- Provide Quality Content: Divide the content for your website into evergreen or flagship content, primary content, secondary content, current events content and social media content. Prioritize your keywords in order of importance scheduling your content production accordingly. You can use the plugin Crosslinker to automatically create internal links for specific words.
- Generate Scheduled Content Creation: After prioritizing your content, ensure that quality content is generated periodically. Ensure that all posts are edited and ready in advance to avoid any last minute delays. Plugins like Future Calendar and WP Status Notifier are helpful in maintaining an easy schedule.
- Embrace Social Media: This is the most cost effective way of driving links, traffic and sending social signals that people are visiting your website to search engines like Google. Automated applications such as Hootsuite and Tweetdeck can be of great help in social media optimization.
- Use Dashboard Tools: Dashboard tools can save you a lot of time in maintaining your WordPress website. For example, tools such as Dashboard Scheduled Posts can show you a list of the next scheduled posts and Dashboard Pending Review can inform you of a review that is pending.
- Encourage Comments: Spend a little time responding to the various comments that that you get. Also it is always wise to ignore any negative comment that is posted, as this can only hurt your brand and not help it.
- Provide Sitemaps, Spiders and Crawling: In order to make your website SEO friendly, you need to provide a clean and easy crawling path. Both the Dagon Sitemap Generator and Google XML Sitemaps automatically create a sitemap for your site and update it every time you add a page or post. Spider Tracker is another helpful plugin that can track spiders crawling.
- Provide an Automatic Backup: Having an automatic backup solution is a must for every WordPress site. WP-DB-Backup allows you to easily backup your core WordPress database tables. You can use it for either on demand backups or scheduled backups that get sent to an email.