One can find plenty of options when it comes to a CMS. Always remember, a content management system has to be chosen based on the business and project requisites.
What is a content management framework/content management system?
‘A CMS is a software application that is used in the creation and management of digital content.’
The core functions of a content management system (CMS) are,
- Format Management
- Indexing, search, and data retrieval
- Feature Revisions
- Publishing, management, and documentation of content
In this article, we are going to study different aspects of each of these content management systems to determine the optimum one for building a successful e-commerce business.
Considered as one of the best E-commerce platforms, Magento is built on open source technology and is rich with a good number of built-in features.
MAGENTO – STATS & FACTS
- Exclusively built CMS for Ecommerce
- Magento powers 28% of websites across the internet (Source: cminds)
- According to reports, the Magento platform managed 101 billion dollars in transaction volume in 2016.
- Magento has 237,834 of active sites(Source: builtwith.com)
Features of Magento
- Built-in SEO Tools
- Built-in E-commerce features
- Modular architecture
- Multilingual & multi-currency support
- Cross-Browser support
Another open-source content management framework, Drupal is used for creating and managing websites.
What does Drupal contain?
A development framework and content management platform.
DRUPAL- FACTS & STATS
- 4.7% websites around the world utilize Drupal.
- Drupal has approx 1 million users.
- 100,000+ sites were created in 6 months under Drupal 7.
- Drupal.org witness 1.5 million unique visitors & 300,00 downloads every month.
- Drupal 8 has approx. 17 external JS libraries and 27 external PHP libraries.
Drupal: Features you should know
- Is a platform, database, and web server independent CMS.
- Support for multiple content types.
- Flexible taxonomy and menu structures.
- Granular user management.
- Search engine optimized platform.
- Standards compliant Templating and Theming.
- WYSIWYG Content Editing.
- Built-in search engine.
A PHP based online cart system; Opencart is open-source and is perfect to develop a customized e-commerce website.
Opencart is easy to setup, cost-effective, and moreover, gives you a complete control over your e-commerce business website.
Now let’s learn more about how this platform is allowing online entrepreneurs in building a prominent business.
OPENCART- FACTS & STATS
- 318,317 business websites are built on Opencart (source: builtwith)
- During last 6 years, Opencart export has grown 10X.
- Opencart import decreased by 3 times in 2016 as compared in 2013.
Important features of Opencart
- Easy for development: Based on Model View Controller (MVC) pattern.
- User-friendly administrative dashboard.
- Opencart has virtual file structures: VQMOD & OCMOD.
- Supports automatic image resizing and is search engine optimized.
- One admin interface and supports multiple stores, languages, and currencies.
So how to choose the right content management system?
Actually, it’ neither tedious nor you have to dig out your brains. Factors are factors, so keep these points in mind and choose your platform.
- How much time do you have to spend on your website development?
- Are you an amateur or experienced programmer?
- How large should be your social network reach?
- What are the features that will be implemented on your website?
Contact us to discuss your e-commerce related requirement. Call us today on +91 7760487777 or 08041127377 or message us on our contact form and we will reply back ASAP. We can discuss how we can strategically implement e-commerce successfully for your organization.