The first hint you get about buyer’s journey is when he types keywords into the search engine. The only intent a consumer uses search box is to find the right solution for his query. He’ll not have any idea that whatever words he’s putting there are valuable for a businessman like you. It’s extremely important for a businessman to understand and find what customers are intending to buy, the method or the words utilized to do the same because at the end of the day you have to beat all your contenders and be present before your customer addressing the query. To do this accurately, it is important you take keyword research service from a professional or hire one for your team.
You might be running an digital marketing campaign but without a proper keyword strategy, you can no way make your content available to the audience. As reported by SmartInsights, content marketing was the top-rated digital marketing technique in 2017 accounting for 20.3%.
And a good keyword research is the foundation for content marketing, to account for this statement, I’ll be explaining about keyword research in a much broader aspect.
Keyword Research – An Essential Marketing Service
Running a digital marketing campaign with self-taught marketers will keep you guessing your place on the search engine result page.
People do not just find websites just like that or Google doesn’t just list websites randomly, because there involves the right set of keywords. Keyword research goes beyond a random guesswork. Websites ranking in top search results are doing the great math and thinking smartly to get into that spot. Obviously, taking a professional keyword research becomes a highly critical choice for your business.
Keywords hold the power to make a campaign successful; having keywords with good competitiveness is almost like holding ammunition. You take keywords that are highly relevant to your business services; you will organically gain traffic to your website.
Even the PPC campaign works the same way. You bid for the right keywords and your campaign will prove profitable.
It’s the accuracy Vs guesswork.
Essential Activities Followed in a Successful Keyword Research Process
- Create a Keyword List
- The least you can do before approaching an agency for Keyword research service get a list of keywords that you want to rank for. You know what services you are providing just think how your customers may search for your service. They may put questions by using specific keywords in different ways and you have to predict and list all the keyword variations.
- The keyword list you will be creating will not be a final one for sure, but at least you will have some foundation to start with, right?
- Use Keyword Planning Tools
- Each keyword comes with certain competitiveness and relevancy, once you prepare a list of the keywords, your team or agency should give you a proper budget for using those keywords in your PPC campaign.
- When the keywords are being analyzed, make sure it is surrounding around these two things,
- The way people are expressing their expectations and desires on the site.
- How a particular phrase has been used by people to search.
- Doing that you will understand how your competitors are moving as even they would have been using the same keyword. Google Adwords keyword planner and Market Samurai use these two and simplify your work.
- Examine the Pay Per Click Competition
- Everyone wants to win in this digital war and PPC campaigns help in doing that fast. When marketing through PPC ads, it is necessary you do competitor analysis before you start your campaign.
- Let’s say you might have missed out on ideas that might prove more beneficial. You can analyze your competition, see what is causing their success or which campaign gave cold results, improvise your campaign and obtain as much market share as possible.
- Another important thing, when you are spying on your competitor, do get answers to these questions first.
- Who are your competitors?
- What are the keywords they are using?
- What are the approaches they have taken? (are they technically sound, how their sales funnel is designed)
- How do they sell? Or what is their value proposition?
- Perform Keyword Categorization
- Singular and plural keywords can make a huge difference in your online marketing campaign – SEO as well as PPC.
- One version of the keyword may get you good results; the other may give you nothing.
- Now take a look at these two,
- ‘XYZ Car Dealership’ & ‘XYZ Car Dealerships”
- Reports from time and time have proved that search trends have always favored pluralized keywords. Plural and singular keywords lead searchers in different directions. And not just consumers, even for Google they are different.
- Use Wordtracker’s free keyword tool and check which keyword defines the best of your business.
- Know the Current Keyword Search Trends
- Do you want your PPC campaign to be successful? Then learn what the world is searching for.
- Google Trends, this tool is one of the best means to find new PPC opportunities. Basically, it is a keyword research tool, where you can find varieties of phrases and terms currently going around the market.
- Hot topics, hot searches, and trends for websites are some of the keyword analysis features available in this tool. By learning what people are speaking about most around your domain or industry, you can make informed decisions for your PPC campaign.
- Get Everything on a single Spreadsheet
- The way you organize your keyword list can make or break your ad campaign.
- At the end of the session, you have a very long list of keywords and the questions start to flow in. How do you manage this whole thing? Which is the best among the list?
- Use a Google spreadsheet; you don’t even need an expensive tool or software. More than extracting raw data, in this case, a large number of keywords, it is essential you convert them into useful data.
- No matter what tools you use to export the data (Google AdWords/SEMrush), you should always organize them according to the same variables – CPC (cost per click), search volume, competition, global and monthly searches.
- If you have a list of keywords that your competitors are using, separate them, so it would be easier to compare and analyze