Overwhelming traffic but zero conversions, what could be the reason if your E-commerce website is spitting out something like this?
One of the greatest threats online merchants face is when their website visitors do not take any desired action and leave the site halfway. It might be discouraging, but it’s something that is commonly faced by every website owners. Potential customers usually don’t buy anything on their first encounter with a website. They either roam around a bit or visit a product when it is out of stock. It’s obvious they would leave. Now, what if you do something like this?
Create specific product ads and make them follow your potential customers where ever they go.
I know it sounds eerie but I’m not asking you to think supernatural and the method, which I was explaining, is referred as ‘remarketing’.
‘Also referred as retargeting, remarketing is a tactic that involves a smarter approach of serving targeted ads to people who had left your website without taking any desired action.’
In case of e-commerce websites, if a potential customer has abandoned the cart, this cookie instructs the remarketing platform to supply specific ads for the specific products or services to the customer who had left the website halfway.
If the purpose of marketing is attracting new customers, remarketing helps you bring your potential customers back. Remarketing can be the greatest asset for e-commerce business owners who look ways to improve website conversion rates. The benefits are not limited to only this; there is more, so let’s learn about them.
Reasons why remarketing is worshiped,
- It is the Most Cost-Effective Marketing Strategies
- It’s easier to sink millions into the expensive ad campaigns and since there is no randomness defined in a remarketing campaign, it will be effortless to target whom you want to target and what you want to target, hence there is no question you will be spending thousands of dollars targeting unnecessary products or customers.
- Better Chance to Gain Back the Lost Sale
- Your potential client left your website for some purpose, remind him again with a tailored message that is inclusive of the products and services he was interested in.
- In case, if the potential client is still interested in that product, you will definitely see a conversion.
- It’s Easier to Create Specific Ads
- You have data on everything, how long your customer was on the website, which product didn’t make it to the sales funnel, and etcetera and etcetera.
- It’s easier to create Ad that is relevant to the customer you want to target based on his activities on your website. With a well-tailored ad, it will be much smoother to close the deal.
- Facebook Remarketing
- The only difference I can find between remarketing and Facebook remarketing is you find the ads on the social media platform (Facebook) instead of display network. So how does this work?
- When a potential customer interacts with a brand or product and leaves without completing a deal, he’ll be tagged with a code that can be used to track him and his activities.
- When they are scrolling through their Facebook feed, your ad will pop up reminding them of their last activity.
- You can even present them with offer ads. The good thing about using offer ads are people share them with their friends, which might bring you more new customers.
- AdRoll Twitter Remarketing
- When Facebook has permitted marketers for remarketing, why not Twitter? Even Twitter has a good user share in the market.
- If we have to know about AdRoll, it is one of the leading E-commerce performance marketing platforms supporting over 37,000 brands worldwide. Now Twitter retargeting works pretty much the same way. Digital marketers will retarget potential customers who have visited their website but have left without completing a sale.
- They will send product promotional tweets to those specific customers and of course, cookie technology will be in use here or how else you think they can lock on targeted customers?
- With AdRoll you can perform advanced targeting techniques like geo-targeting, customer segmentation and target site visitors based on their purchase intent.
- Google Shopping Remarketing
- Not all Adword users can access this feature, but under Google shopping remarketing campaign you can adjust your bid for consumers who are already familiar with your products and services.
- You can make a list of people who before had an association with your products and services. Increase bid only for those consumers as there will be a greater chance of them converting if they are again looking for a new product.
- Google offers a wide variety of ad formats when it comes to remarketing – plain static image ad, responsive ads, and product image ads (dynamic).
- You have very less work to start with. All you have to do is install a remarketing tracking code to generate Adwords remarketing list. When a potential customer visits your website, the cookie on your website will record the product IDs and prices and once it’s added to the remarketing list, you can start sending ads.
- It will be wise if you use product image Ads for Google shopping remarketing campaign, for you will be automatically allowed to show relevant products to the customer(s).
- Segmenting Remarketing list to Product or Category Specific Pages
- You can segment your customers based on their site-activities.
- By dividing the list based on product and category purchase you can create more relevant ads for your campaign. A consumer may search for a product directly or may look through different category before he focuses on a particular product. In such scenarios, this approach would be the most appropriate to reach them again with some success.
- A small thing you have to note here, you have to segment people who are already your customers, only then you would get a broader picture of how they view products on your site.
Contact us to discuss your NGO related website design requirement. Call us today on +917760487777 or 08041127377 or message us on our contact form and we will reply back ASAP. We can discuss how we can strategically implement NGO website design successfully for your organization.