Search engine ranking, what do we understand by that? And why and how do we improve the search engine ranking of a website?
Search engine ranking refers to the position of a website on the search engine result pages (SERP). And SEO is the process of improving the value of websites for search engines. A good website position ultimately brings more traffic and business to an organization.
It’s one of the greatest achievements of organizations as well as individuals if they manage to secure their website a good spot on the search engines and of course only if it’s through organic traffic. Also probably you might have noticed that Google keeps updating its algorithm, and it’s also a common sight to witness the rankings either plummet or rise. Most of the websites are deprived of their search engine rankings and not the other way round. So, if that is the case, how to improve a website’s search engine ranking?
4 Credible and Easy Ways to Increase the Search Engine Rankings
- PERFORM KEYWORD RESEARCH
- Keyword research is one of the groundwork processes in a good SEO campaign.
- Search engine bots scout for web pages that are complete with right keywords, which people search for. So, it’s definitely a major business to research and utilize the right keywords and phrases in your content to get more people on board.
- If you are planning to build a strong keyword foundation for your website’s SEO campaign, start with these tools.
- Google keyword planner, KWFinder, Moz’s keyword explorer, SEMrush, LongTailPro, WordTracker, and SpyFU.
- LINK BUILDING
- Have we heard it, like a hell of times? And still prefer to be ignorant of the subject.
- So, what is a backlink?
- ‘It is an incoming link to a web page from an external website.’
- Backlinks play a crucial role in attracting more traffic to the website.
- Again on the downside of it, Google rolled out Penguin algorithm, where websites having low-quality or irrelevant links were penalized decreasing their SEO rankings.
- For instance, if you are having a real estate business, the inbound links/incoming links should be coming from a website with the relevant subject only.
- – 72% of search marketers admit backlinks as a significant ranking factor.
- – Google search through backlinks peaked in 2011 and 2017.
- – 53% of businessmen assign a quarter or less of their SEO budget to link building.
- OPTIMIZE WEB PAGE LOAD SPEED
- Here is the fact, a website’s page load speed actually affects or you can say impacts the search ranking.
- The best way to optimize search engine rankings is to impress search engines. Search engines appreciate websites that have good page loading speed, so try having that.
- The page loading speed is not a concern of today because you can actually link back the issue from the time websites are there.
- How to increase a web page load speed?
- – Reduce the number of HTTP requests made.
- – Enable browser caching.
- – Configure the ETAGS.
- – Eliminate unnecessary code elements and reduce DOM elements.
- – Perform Gzip compression to reduce the web page bandwidth.
- UTILIZE SOCIAL NETWORKING SITES
- Consumers of today are no doubt very cautious. Yes, they want everything to be safe, quick, and smooth, and that includes doing business with any brand they find.
- So how do they check the credibility of some random brand?
- Simple, they visit social media sites and do acknowledge feedbacks that are given before sealing the fate of that brand.
- How do social networking sites help business?
- It helps in carrying out campaigns, like similar to word-of-mouth campaigns.
- Social media platforms are the source for accessing more of the likes of your target audience. Once you manage to impress them, you can encourage them to share your posts, which will ultimately gain you better search engine rankings as well as business.