Building websites or applications from scratch can be time consuming, expensive and unnecessary if one has frameworks on their hands. Developers and designers get to have a good amount of leverage on their ideas. In this article we will go through two popular CSS front-end frameworks which are contributing enormously in providing a solid foundation for the development process.
So, in order to reduce the confusion among the developers, let us analyze the features in both of these frameworks and lock on to the best one.
- Grid System– Layout issues are common during website development, grid systems effectively counters this subject. Out of the two frameworks, Foundation was the one to initiate mobile-first approach. Even though Bootstrap managed to join the bandwagon, the Foundation framework stood out because of Block Grid feature. Under this aspect the content will be spaced evenly irrespective of the screen size.Also, both the Foundation and Bootstrap have default grid system, and are customizable through Sass and LESS respectively. Some may consider it as a drawback, because Bootstrap offers breakpoints which are completely proportional to the size of viewport.
- Community– Clearly, Bootstrap is the winner without any apprehension. With a large pool of plugins and widgets Bootstrap has better command over the developer’s interests. On the other hand, even though Foundation has a much smaller community as compared to Bootstrap, it is fast making its mark among the business.
- Customization– In the previous feature it was highlighted that Bootstrap has a larger community, so, when a developer leads to give his idea a push, he will be compelled to either use the pre-defined designs or make the changes to the existing one. Well, Bootstrap sure has a good limitation over Foundation, which on the other hand, completely liberates the developers without any restrictions. Enhanced support for Sass has given the Foundation framework such a privilege.
- Browser Compatibility– Apart from the fact that Foundation has no support for Internet Explorer 8, the rest of browsers are equally acknowledged by both the frameworks. Chrome, Safari, Firefox and lastly Microsoft Edge. Note: v3.3.6 of Bootstrap is the only version to support IE8.
- Responsiveness– Mobile-first approach, surely designers would love to hear that and it will be through Foundation framework. Designers don’t feel let down when they go with Foundation framework, on the other hand, Bootstrap requires a designer to specify media queries in case mobile website designs.
All we can say is that everything depends on the requirements, if one is going for dynamic applications then, Foundation is the best choice. Here, attributes of both the frameworks are projected, from which we can deduce that through either of them it is possible to acquire a solid base for the successful advancement.
Contact us to discuss your website development related requirement. Call us today on +91 7760487777 or 08041127377 or message us on our contact form and we will reply back ASAP. We can discuss how we can strategically implement website development successfully for your organization.