You may wonder that why web developers are complicating things for themselves? It is a 3D world and trust me people would not turn down without appreciating such things. Probably, I think most of them wouldn’t have heard about the word 3D with a web, but they should from now on.
I would like to play around with this issue a bit more because I know people at least would have heard about the things like virtual events. If yes, then think you have something similar in your hands.
3D Web Apps: An Introduction to Whitestorm.js
The joy of having a web framework / web application framework, well, only a seasoned web developer would know. Likewise, if there is some notion of developing a 3D web application then one can pick Whitestorm.js, an open source framework to build one.
Based on Three.js technology, the Whitestorm.js framework is used for designing 3D web applications.
Key Features of Whitestorm.js Framework
- ES6 Classes
- Written in ES6, the Whitestorm.js framework allows making the complete use of ECMAScript 6 & ECMAScript 7 (beta) features.
- Plugin System
- Plugins are basically used to extend the functionalities of a framework; here the Whitestorm.js supports numerous plugins and components, where each of them is to be implemented through certain instructions.
- Physi.js library
- Soft bodies
- Leaving ammo.js, WhitestormJS is the only framework that supports soft bodies, well, is this statement sufficient? No, I don’t think so, and then let me define the concept of Soft-body dynamics in few words.
- It is a field of computer graphics that centralizes its concept on the physical simulation of soft bodies (deformable objects).
- Designers use physics engines to obtain the approximate simulation of physical systems.
The 3D Impact on Web Applications
An immersive environment will be created, where the users will stay more focused on the products and services.
Finally, it all boils down to one question, why?
The answer always lies in the digital landscape that is surrounding us. It is the competition, which I feel is unacceptable, so the need to do better and outperform the competitors is what pushing our developers to meet such concepts.