No matter whether you consider your business to be small or big, having a business website is one of the best decisions you can make. It only allows you to share your service or product details with the world, making branding and staying connected with customers much easier. It boosts brand recognition, drives more traffic, and creates a successful sales funnel. Having a website also enhances the user experience with your brand by adding a sense of integrity and professionalism.
If you are someone who has some hands-on experience with digital transformation, you can design a website for your business yourself. Website design may vary depending on the industry you are in, which is why understanding your business is crucial. When building a website, you can utilize two methods: build a website using website builders or content management systems (CMS) platforms.
Here is how you can design a website for your business, irrespective of its size:
- Purpose of the Website: The first thing to do when you decide to build a website is to determine what is the purpose of the website. Whether you will be using your website to share information about your business or as an eCommerce site to sell your products or services, determining the purpose of your website makes it easier to design it.
- Decide Domain Name: Your domain name should be something your customers can relate to. When choosing a domain name, you should consider that it should be short, memorable, easy to spell, and should have proper domain extensions. It is also vital to create an SEO-friendly URL that is easy to use and for site navigation.
- Purchasing Web Hosting: Website hosting is a perfect way to make your business website secure and stable. Since many people like to use online payment options, having an extra layer of security that website hosting provides. Web hosting also ensures that you have top-notch tech support with either a dedicated server or VPS (virtual private server).
- Implementing CMS: Designing a website in a CMS platform like WordPress or implementing the best CMS will help you efficiently maintain your site. Depending on extensibility, user-friendliness, and budget, you choose a CMS platform that works best for your needs.
- eCommerce Platform: If you have a business that deals with selling products, having an eCommerce website with the necessary plugins can be helpful. It will make site navigation easier, and people will feel safe sharing their online payment details because of the SSL certificate that you will need to introduce to your website.
- User Interface: Your website’s user interface plays a critical role in determining whether users are attracted to your site or not. Depending on your industry, your website might look different; for example, beauty industry websites mostly have soft, pastel colours, beverage and food sectors mostly have fun, bright colours, and so on. It is also vital to make sure that your website does not overshare information but has just the right amount of information and product/service description.
- Website Optimization: One cannot stress enough how important website optimization is for businesses of all sizes, especially small and medium-sized businesses. Some of the top optimization services in your website should include the following practices SEO implementation, keywords implementation, SSL certificate, fast loading speed, mobile-friendly website, and high-quality backlinks.
Here are only the top 7 factors you should consider when designing a website. Designing a website may take time, and it might feel like a lengthy process; however, if you want to create a strong brand presence, it is indispensable. If you are unsure of your potential as a website designer, building one for your business is whether you can start it. Of course, you can always hire a professional to revamp or improve it once your business takes off.