Today online marketing is acknowledged as the key factor in shaping the success of business organizations. If we amplify the facts that are surrounding this trend, it is quite intimidating as every key action demands an R & D approach.
With the historic shift from the traditional marketing campaign, there should be no room for errors. And knowingly or unknowingly people do mistakes that make them run for their money.
But why such indiscretions?
Actually, online marketing is quite a challenging task. And with challenges people either succeed or make mistakes.
The widespread adoption has made people think that by plainly adopting online marketing strategies they can easily embrace success.
It’s definitely not true!
But it’s quite the other way around, well at least to some degree.
In this blog post, we will go through some of the common blunders that should be avoided (at any cost) by every digital marketing professional who wants to cut back from the long run.
What should you avoid?
- Black Hat SEO Practices
- Riding high with your successful black hat SEO induced website?
- Well, it will not be much time before some Google algorithm pulls down your website.
- So, what is black hat SEO?
- I’ll definitely not go with the traditional approach by listing the techniques; I think I’ll use only a few words to make you understand.
- ‘Black hat SEO is a tactic adopted to instantly optimize the search engine rankings.’ In short, the Google webmaster guidelines are violated under the black hat SEO practices.
- These techniques promise quick results that are short-term. So, it’s best you do not cross the roads with black hat SEO techniques to have that short moment of glory.
- Marketing Beyond Target Audience
- People definitely have the right to celebrate when they witness the influx of high website traffic and one thing they fail to realize that not every visitor can be their possible customer.
- Identifying the right traffic over high traffic is very crucial.
- And the best way to reach only the value-added customers is to channelize the entire online marketing campaigns towards the niche, the targeted personas.
- How to create accurate buyer personas?
- i. Identify the high-value customers.
- ii. Find out how customers make the final purchasing decision. (recognize the influencers)
- Some of the Key Components of Buyer Personas are,
- i. Demographics
- ii. Personality Profile
- iii. Workstyle (or lifestyle)
- iv. Concerns or objections
- Betting only on the Paid-Advertisements
- According to searchenginewatch, the organic search results account for 94% of the total search engine clicks, while paid ads are left with just 6%.
- The result may look contradictory, but paid ads offer better visibility, traffic only till you pay. But is the money that is being spent on the paid ads getting you right traffic?
- By now you should have got the difference between right traffic and heavy traffic. The former promises conversions, but you cannot expect the same by just having heavy web traffic.
- Paid ads work for business only if it’s targeted. So, as long as your website is relying solely on the traffic generated through paid ads, your online marketing campaign will not give you measurable results.
- Not Engaging with the Online Audience
- Everyone loves attention, whether they are complaining or complimenting, they expect at least some response from some corner.
- Online marketing gives the benefit of reaching millions of people around the world and helps you grow your business, not how you do your business. Hope I made my point here.
- A large customer group may easily fizzle out if you are not constantly addressing their issues. Having a strong social following definitely, helps a business to prosper.
- PROCESS :
- i. Find the best social channels.
- ii. Track the online activities of the target audience.
- iii. Listen, take the feedbacks, and implement the best possible ideas.
- iv. Keep the conversation engaging and constructive.