Why are your competitors ranking better on Google? What am I missing?
There are a number of factors which influences Google ranking. To improve the organic search performance, many brands are relying on search engine optimization, which is nothing but SEO. After countless effects to improve the ranking, many website owners are clueless as to why are they not getting there desired results. The key here is to be ranked for the targeted keywords.
To outrank your competitors on Google ranking, the first step is to analyze them. Whatever may be your industry type, the process of putting your brand to get more visibility in search engines remains the same, but the approach used by SEO companies may differ. The essence of competitive analysis is to know your competitors before competing with them.
Here are few ways on how to rank better in Google:
Analyse the keywords:
In the SEO industry keywords are very important. The question remains the same-
Which keywords do I use?
Here are 3 ways to do this.
- Google Services: You can spot the keywords that everyone is trying to rank for, using the Google Keyword Planner and Google Trends. Keywords could be narrowed down to locality, intent, commercial importance and search volume.
- Keyword Research Tool: By using third party keyword tools you can fine tune your keywords even more. These tools are quite valuable and can be also used to uncover the keywords your competitors are ranking for.
- Manual Search: Firstly, note down your competitors in a spreadsheet and create a list of all the important internal pages in their website, including the home page. Through the source code of all these pages find out the title, metadata, headings, and content and jot down the keywords which are used by them to drive traffic to their website and landing pages.
The first step to a successful SEO strategy is the Keyword research. These are nothing but the words or phrases with which your website shows up when people search for them on Google. It’s not about getting more visitors to your website, but getting the right kind of visitors. Plan your SEO strategy based on the most relevant keywords which will in turn give you the most relevant customers. Ideally every page of your website should target one specific main keyword. Avoid using the same keywords on other pages.
Ask the following questions to yourself while considering which keywords you want to rank for.
- By using these search keywords will the users be able to find what they are looking for?
- Will the users be satisfied when they land on the page?
- Will I gain anything by generating traffic to my website from the people searching for the keywords?
If the answer to the above questions is YES, then you are going on the right track.
Write Engaging Content based on Keywords:
Filling your website with quality content is also another important SEO tip. With a set of predetermined keywords build the content of every page of your website which can be leveraged to improve your search engine ranking. The easiest way is by including a blog page in the website. Other prominent forms of content are e books, videos and info graphics. Adjust the content of the website in a way which would make sense to the readers and should also have the keywords appear many times in the page to help you in SEO ranking.
Grow your backlinks:
To improve your SEO ranking maximize your external links. More the pages of your websites are linked out on other websites the better it looks to Google. Always go for quality than quantity when it comes to backlinks. Links coming from guest will do much better than a lot of low quality links. Reach out to bloggers or influencers requesting them to link out to your website in their posts. Or simply create high quality engaging content from which people would want to link out to, from their websites naturally.
Utilise Internal Links:
Organic traffic of your website can grow by simply increasing the number of internal links on your website. This is one of the simplest ranking factor which can be implemented to grow your SEO strategy.
A link from one page to another page on the same domain is an internal link. Internal links guides visitors to relevant content and also prompts them to direct call to actions. It helps search engines to understand the site’s structure. Some pages are well known as Google has already crawled through them. When Google follows a link from a known page to a new page, other pages are discovered too.
Enhancing your brand presence in Google undertakes a lot of activities such as improvement of content quality, site optimization and link acquisition. The best person to help you with these activities, is your search engine optimizer. You could trust the SEO team at Adroitte, who would assist your Google presence and will help you be found and stand out in search results.
Contact us to discuss your SEO related requirement. Call us today on +91 7760487777 or 08041127377 or message us on our contact form and we will reply back ASAP. We can discuss how we can strategically implement SEO successfully for your organization.