No matter what industry you are in, your websites should have a strong online presence to stand out in the dynamic digital market. Real-estate websites are no different. As the web design trends change, even they have to have new designs to catch client’s attention.
You may also like: Best Online Real Estate Marketing Ideas for 2018
Today, people don’t require dealers anymore, their dream home, they are easily able to find at the click of a button. Web presence hence is very important for real-estate agents. Apart from having a good website, they should make it as relevant as possible for the modern online market.
Online real estate market has become crowded; it is no longer a quiet place to do business. You have to look different, feel different. Below, I have explained few web design trends for 2018 implement them and stay ahead in your real estate business.
Web Design Trends for Real Estate
TREND I: Fully-Responsive Website Design
- According to Pewresearch, 12% of U.S. adults were ‘smart-phone’ only users in 2016. Now the number of Smartphone users is expected to grow from 2.1 billion (2016) to 2.5 billion in 2019.
- These stats are enough to prove that sheer online presence is not sufficient anymore; your website should have good device presence. People have moved beyond desktops, they no longer sit and wait for the information, they prefer everything on the move.
- Responsive technology adopts websites to multiple device formats including Smartphone, tablets, and desktop. In today’s business climate, a responsive website offers many benefits. And having a website that works on every device gives a competitive edge to the real estate business owners.
TREND II: Full Screen Video Backgrounds
- One of the best options to create a stunningly effective real estate business is using the server-intensive design technique, adding full-screen video backgrounds. Against stagnant static website images, a full-screen video background is a perfect alternative to captivate web user’s interests.
- The video content you use should amplify your message. A real estate businessman should make sure he is using high-quality videos of properties he is about to sell. One thing they have to keep in mind is the homepage should have good loading speed, and integrating fast video loading technology will help.
TREND III: Interactive Google Maps
- One of the characteristics of a successful real estate agent is he will be the top resource for neighborhood information. For his real estate business website, the interactive Google Map can be a very valuable addition, because it does the same job.
- Adding the feature, he can build custom maps for the areas; display the listings that customers are interested to visit. And with the street view feature, the client can see a different view of the property, surrounding neighborhood, excluding the static image available on the listing.
- Also, with Google Map feature, a real estate agent can market himself by getting found on local search. All he has to do is add a name, address, and other details to the local listing; and few clicks, he will be available on the search engines for the local community.
TREND IV: Flat Design is still in Vogue
- The flat design emphasizes minimalist design approach. It means the website designed will be simple and features open space, crisp edges, solid colors, two-dimensional illustrations and clean typography.
- In 2012, Microsoft released Microsoft Windows 8; since then there has been a steady rise among designers implementing flat designs for their websites.
- Minimal designs, simple shapes allow flat design websites to work faster. With faster loading page speed, clients will have good user-experience accessing the website. Also with no browser performance issues, the impact will be positive on SEO.
TREND V: A Simple Search Bar
- How important is a search bar for Google search engine?
- I don’t think it’s easy to even think about having any search engine without a search function. Quite similarly, a website without a simple search bar can make things complex for the users.
- Search function/search box may seem the most negligible feature for a website, but this small element promises greater usability experience for the users. Any user can search for a particular piece of content by adding keyword into the search box.
- Likewise, while using a real estate website, a client can easily search for a particular property of a specific street by just adding keywords to the search bar. The purpose of adding a search box is quite clear with less number of clicks; a user should access desired information.
TREND VI: Keep the Menus Hidden
- Since you are designing a website for real-estate business, you should know that information available will be huge. You are not providing few services to include everything under a drop-down menu and if you do that, your clients will get confused to using your website.
- ‘HELENA & NINA ESTATES’, if you visit this website, you will find a quick search bar where you have the option to select property type, city, price, and few more other fields. Apart from that, there are action buttons that fly to the center of the screen as soon as the web page loads. Overall, the website design is quite simple and easy to navigate.
- Keeping the menus hidden not only gives a clutter-free modern appearance but allows clients to search things they only want to look into.